Re: Unconventional score and unwanted stray staff lines

From: David Bellows
Subject: Re: Unconventional score and unwanted stray staff lines
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 20:09:10 -0700

Hi Andrew,

> adding \stopStaff at the end of the sections - does this do what you want?

That gets me really close except ...

> There seems to be some stray clefs in this, but I am sure you can tidy this
> up.

I have no idea where those stray clefs are coming from. In the first
pdfs I sent they didn't show up. However, the one bass clef I see in
these new versions does correspond to where a bass clef was in the
original pdfs I sent. As in the stray bass clef is where a stray empty
staff was originally. I'm guessing it's related.

> I can't quite grasp what your score is. Is it for five pianos, as all the
> piano staves are grouped into one system? ... I assume this is
> algorithmically generated music?

The piece is really for any number of instruments but all of one kind.
Like 20 violins or, as in this example, 5 pianos. And yes, the music
is generated algorithmically. This particular example just uses the
most basic function for generating pitches, durations and dynamics
without trying to make it sound good.

So what you have here are five different "melodies" generated for five
different pianos that all get played at the same time. I think the way
I have it grouped makes the most sense but I'm always open to
suggestions. I haven't put in the instrument labels yet and I left off
the title stuff.