Re: [lyric sheet stylesheet] fixing lyric spacing

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: [lyric sheet stylesheet] fixing lyric spacing
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2018 13:16:30 +0100

Hi,

On 07.12.18 19:27, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi Alex,

David's and Mike's "magnetic snapping lyrics"?
  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2014-03/msg00489.html

Yes — I have an old copy in my "Workarounds" include folder. But I ran into a
lot of problems with it (maybe related to what Urs found?) and so had temporarily given
up on it.

Jeez, I should have remembered that... Perhaps the issue is/was

https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/pull/128

? If so, there's a chance that the modifications/fixes were indeed quasi-local on my version of that file.

To see in action:
http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Es_ist_ein_Ros%27_entsprungen_(Melchior_Vulpius)

Okay… first of all: What a gorgeous score! Fabulous font choices, spacing is
perfect, whitespace is excellent. Well done.

Thanks. But there's really not so much credit for me to earn here:
Just stick to pre-1700 scores, plain SATB, no instruments, no fancy graphics, no Schenker graphs, and preferably at most one page. You'll suddenly be surprised to find that Lily is both great by default and reasonably pleasant to use. ;-)

But I only ever used it in the "usual" applications with notes, and never tried
on a pure chord sheet.

I’ll let you know how it works out!

Sure. Good luck!

Cheers,