Re: Generate staff-less chord and lyrics sheet

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Generate staff-less chord and lyrics sheet
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2018 12:09:35 +0100

Am Sa., 8. Dez. 2018 um 10:08 Uhr schrieb Johan Vromans <address@hidden>:

> On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 21:15:43 +0100, Annette Kusma <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > The output should look something like this:
> >
> > C               F     C
> > Mary had a little lamb
> >      F               G          C
> > Its fleece was white as snow
> >
> > I could simply write my sheet in some office programme,
>
> Instead of trying to abuse office programs, why not take a look at
> https://www.chordpro.org ?

I doubt the initial request will ever work sufficiently with LilyPond.

Well, it's possible to eleminate the hyphen and the space it creates,
yes, but ligatures are not possible.
It's the same as in markup, regard
\markup \override #'(word-space . 0) \line { f i }

If one "joins" the texts, in markup one could do \markup \concat { f i
}, then for LyricText you would need to "join" the duration as well.
How to place ChordName then?

Evenwithout Hyphen
<<
  \new ChordNames \chordmode { c4:7 c:7.13 }
  \new Devnull { c' c' }
  \new Lyrics \lyricmode { f i }

the manually joined result looks strange in both cases

<<
  \new ChordNames \chordmode { c4:7 c:7.13 }
  \new Devnull { c' c' }
  \new Lyrics \lyricmode { fi2 }

The warning about "staff-affinities should only decrease" may be cured
easily, though

Admittedly even with a text-editing program placing two chords with
extensions over a very short syllable may lead to unsatisfying
results.

So for now I'd like to second Johan pointing to a different program.

Cheers,
  Harm