Re: Comparison of Musescore, Sibelius and Dorico -- would like to add Li

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Comparison of Musescore, Sibelius and Dorico -- would like to add Lilypond
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 15:36:42 -0700

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 1:04 PM David Bellows <address@hidden> wrote:
Urs,

>I think it would be good to add our stuff to the chart (not necessarily much to the comments section).

If the owner of the spreadsheet allows it, then definitely. I don't
know them personally so I don't know how they feel about that. I
suppose we could create our own version if they do not agree. I'm one
of the mods in that sub so I'll be making the chart a permanent link
in the sub so either way would work (and obviously we can link to it
from anywhere else we'd like).

> not only check the given items with yes/no but also freely add to the list

I agree. The OP did ask for omissions/corrections so I would think
these (and others) would apply.

> find a way to plug the "programmability" aspect (vs. applying plugins after-the-fact),    with things like complete extensibility with syntactical means, conditional layout per engraving target ...    (Maybe this would even warrant a new tab in the sheet)

One of Lilypond's biggest strengths! Working out meaningful/useful
parallels with the other programs would be the issue, I'm guessing?

Ok, everyone. I have finally gotten around to adding data about LilyPond. I felt pretty confident in the Notation and Engraving tabs, pretty solid marks there, but more uncertain about the Playback tab entries. I'm honestly not sure what they should be since many of the playback functionality is requisite on forming the content for playback rather than score output (i.e., using articulate.ly, restructuring repeats, etc.). Please feel free to look over my responses and let me know if you feel I've answered in error.

Best,
Abraham