Re: Comparison of Musescore, Sibelius and Dorico -- would like to add Li

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Comparison of Musescore, Sibelius and Dorico -- would like to add Lilypond
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 12:04:34 -0700

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 11:56 AM David Bellows <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm not the owner which is why I suggested emailing the results to me
or to post it on Reddit. But I am glad you're willing to contribute

I don't think posting it as text on Reddit is the best format (not that I have an account to do so, but that's beside the point). Tabular form makes a lot more sense to me, like is typically seen on Wikipedia. So, I will wait for the owner to give permission.

and look forward to the results!

Yeah! >From my quick look-over, LP should do very well on both the Notation and Engraving tabs, but not so good (unsurprisingly) on the Playback tab. Then again, I don't use the 'articulate' function much, since I don't need playback for more than ear-proofing the notes. Maybe it can provide more "Yes"-es than I think! If anyone has deeper experience here, please let me know and I will adjust LP's entries accordingly.

Best,
Abraham