Re: v2.19.82 documentation unusable?

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: v2.19.82 documentation unusable?
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 16:18:55 -0800

On 2018-11-24 3:23 pm, Michael Gerdau wrote:
Are you sure you are looking at the 2.19.82 version? I would be *very* surprised to find a PDF viewer that can magically summon fonts from the aether, because they are very much not there.

I‘m quite certain that I’ve been looking at 2.19.82...

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation.pdf

...however your link does point to a pdf that’s broken for me as well.

Rechecking my url which I navigated to via the website gives
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation.de.pdf
which of course is because German is the preferred language as
reported by my browser.

My bad, I forgot that some of the localized versions of the docs were unaffected by this issue.

Does that help to track down the problem?

For the record, there is nothing to "track down". This issue was already investigated many months back, as David mentioned. Unfortunately, the resolution did not involve regenerating the docs properly, so the English version (and I believe a few other locales) are going to remain broken until the next build of LilyPond is released.

My contribution to this thread was simply a workaround that folks could use to fix the broken PDFs locally for the time-being.

-- Aaron Hill