Re: Tips on quick entry

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Tips on quick entry
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 10:12:32 +0000

On Fri, 2017-01-27 at 22:39 -0700, Samuel Speer wrote:
> Richard: Your video was really impressive. On my first try, however,
> Denemo was really frustrating. The tooltips took me at good 5-10
> minutes to figure out, then every time I tried to connect my midi
> keyboard, it crashed.
Thank your for the feedback. The Gtk tooltips is a bit like the guile2.0
saga - a bunch of developers off following their own interest and
leaving a trail of destruction in their wake. I have now re-written
Denemo so that it no longer uses the Gtk tooltip mechanism, so they are
entirely controllable via the preferences.
The help manual suggests the MIDI controller is best connected before
starting Denemo, connection is then automatic. I haven't seen it crash
in recent years on a MIDI connection though, but I know that very old
versions of Denemo still circulate.

Richard