Re: Experience with several import filters

From: Jacques Menu Muzhic
Subject: Re: Experience with several import filters
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 21:42:55 +0100

Hello folks,

I’m using musicxml2ly rather often, to convert MusicXML exported by PhotoScore
Ultimate.

It is quite usable and does a good job, with some limitations that you have to
live with:
        - it does not handle well \repeat’s with more that 2 alternatives;
        - upbeats (anacruses) are not nicely handled: you get a full mesure
with skips to fill it;
        - it sometimes « loses » some lyrics on the way;
        - and for some reason, the recent versions generate \stem* commands and
an annoying \pointAndClickOff, all of which I remove each time.

I thus recommend musicxml2ly as a useful tool for my purposes.

JM