Re: Experience with several import filters

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: Experience with several import filters
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:58:07 +0100

Am 2017-01-03 um 15:10 schrieb Urs Liska <address@hidden>:

> thanks for the detailed feedback. Could I summarize this as "it does
> work but not really satisfactorily. Depending on the kind of input there
> will be substantial cleanup to be done"?

Yes, that was IMO a good analysis and might be helpful in enhancing/replacing
the script.

I tried midi2ly in the past, trying to convert MIDIs from other notational
software like Harmony Assistant.
I would summarize it as "works theoretically, but the output makes no sense at
all".
I never found MIDIs where it was _not_ easier to key the music in anew. (Ok, I
copied some rhythmic voices that I needed only for MIDI output, not in notes.)

Greetlings, Hraban
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm