Re: Getting a new computer

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: Re: Getting a new computer
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 11:00:12 +0100

Am Donnerstag, den 17. November 2016 um 13:24:24 Uhr (+1100) schrieb Vaughan
McAlley:
> Lilypond files, I was wondering which specs I should be prioritizing.

As lilypond is single-threaded, the number of cores is less important,
than CPU Freq and you should go for a lot of RAM (>= 16
GB).

Since I've been using them, I find fanless, passively cooled systems
with SSD Drives a must (completely silent!)

Here are the ones I'm using: http://www.deltatronic.de

Note that I'm not affiliated with the company, it's just an example!
There are probably more companies out there.

--
Orm