Re: Augmentation dot positioning

From: Chris Yate
Subject: Re: Augmentation dot positioning
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 11:44:09 +0000

On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 at 11:58 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

>> However, you have found a bug I think, since it doesn't seem to
>> work correctly for your case, eliminating dots on the wrong side of
>> the chord.
>
> Also, it’s clearly wrong to have dots in two ‘columns’. They look
> like double-dotted notes.

Please have a closer look!  The lower chords in the first bar have a
`4..' rhythm, the upper ones have `4.'.
    Werner

I've just rendered that example (below), and the first chord has the double-dot the _space_below_ the "f4.." note. Which is almost certainly wrong behaviour :(

Chris

ex.from the chord-dot regression:
\version "2.17.16"

\header {
  texidoc =
"The column of dots on a chord is limited to the height
of the chord plus @code{chord-dots-limit} staff-positions."
}

\layout{ ragged-right = ##t }

\new Staff \transpose c c' {
  \override Staff.DotColumn.chord-dots-limit = #1
  <<
    { <g a b c' d' e'>4. r8 <c' d' e' f' g' a' b'>4. r8 } \\
    { f4.. r16 <c d e f g a b>4.. r16}