Re: Cannot install lilypond on a shared Hostmonster server

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Cannot install lilypond on a shared Hostmonster server
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 18:22:50 -0500

On Sat 11 Jun 2016 at 12:47:40 (+0000), Mike wrote:

> > > No, same error I'm afraid.
> >
> > "No" isn't an answer to "which version of gs runs, LP's or the system's?"
>
> :)
> I was answering to the second question, after setting that env variable
> manually and rerunning lilypond.
>
> Anyway, I think we are getting somewhere, thanks.
> Whichever gs I invoke *directly* on the resulting .ps, I get a .pdf with no
> errors. Be it
>
> ~/lilypond/usr/bin/gs
>
> or
>
> /usr/bin/gs
>
> So something happens when gs is invoked via ~/bin/lilypond, which makes it
> behave as if I were running ~/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond (which I'm not).
>
> [~]# cat ~/bin/lilypond
> #!/bin/sh
> me=`basename $0`
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home1/myusername/lilypond/usr/lib"
> exec "/home1/myusername/lilypond/usr/bin/$me" "$@"

As there are lots of potential runnables called "lilypond", it might
be worth typing directly into a shell:

$ bash
$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home1/myusername/lilypond/usr/lib" \
    exec "/home1/myusername/lilypond/usr/bin/lilypond" source-file.ly

just to make sure it's picking up the correct ones.

Cheers,
David.