Re: mutopia's shortcomings

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: mutopia's shortcomings
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 10:48:02 -0400

Hi Gilles,

> Why do use LilyPond then?

Here’s my answer: for compositions that have not yet been engraved — for
example, every single one that will be written after today.

As a composer (and self-publisher), using Lilypond is a no-brainer for me.
For engravers/publishers looking only to produce Yet Another Edition Of “That
Old Chestnut”, I would imagine using Lilypond is far from a no-brainer — in
fact, as we’ve seen, it’s a pretty tough sell, even for individual users.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info