Re: autochange and tuplet brackets

From: Mark Knoop
Subject: Re: autochange and tuplet brackets
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 09:51:35 +0000

At 08:33 on 20 Dec 2013, Simon Bailey wrote:
>i've also included the tweaked output in not-ugly-tuplets.png. this was
>fixed by using the following tweak/untweak combination before the
>strange sextuplets:
>
>staffChangeSextupletTweak = {
>\override TupletBracket.bracket-visibility = ##t
>\override TupletBracket.positions = #'(-20 . -20)
>\tupletDown
>}

In my opinion the tweaked tuplet brackets are too far from the
bass noteheads (particularly in bar 13). In situations like this I've
always had to adjust the positions for each instance.

>is this a bug or just unexpected behaviour on a border-case which
>doesn't occur in real music? ;)

Yes, it's a bug, the cause of which was discussed recently in this
thread:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.devel/56456

--
Mark Knoop