Re: Setting to print articulations inside the staff

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Setting to print articulations inside the staff
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 09:54:48 +0100

Am 18.12.2013 09:03, schrieb Alexander Kobel:
On 12/18/2013 08:30 AM, Urs Liska wrote:
Am 18.12.2013 07:53, schrieb Urs Liska:
Interesting. I'll have to investigate the "Henle" stylesheet. Something
has to be in there that produces this misbehaviour.

OK, I've commented out anything that even looks like touching the Script
layout, but without success.

Kieren, if you want to have _default_ layout as far as it possible you
should investigate this some more.

In the last version I could find that Kieren sent to the list (some
piano_concert_Henle.ly), there is an
   \override Script.padding = #0.3
in the
   \layout \context \Score
block. Removing that gives what you expect.

Oh, I tried to \revert locally, and this didn't have an effect.

By now it is implemented differently. I'll upload the latest version I got yesterday to the openLilyLib snippets repository ASAP, I just need some feedback on the expected directory structure.

More interesting is the question which script Kieren had in mind when
introducing this override. Probably it only applies for a specific kind
of scripts? In that case, the value should be given by a callback,
adjusted depending on the type.
Or maybe it should be outside-staff-padding?

keeping the override, but with outside-staff-padding yields the desired result - in this case. I think Kieren should think about (or at least tell us) what the override is actually used for.

Urs

Best,
Alexander