Re: Setting to print articulations inside the staff

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Setting to print articulations inside the staff
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 07:53:00 +0100

Am 18.12.2013 00:51, schrieb Eluze:
Urs Liska wrote
attached you can see LilyPond's default behaviour to print staccato dots
outside the staff.

However I would like to print the dots in such a case inside the staff
(which in this case is actually trying to copy Henle's engraving).

I know how to print these dots between the two lowest staff lines, but
is it possible to define a setting that will cause LilyPond to
automatically print them inside the staff in such situations?

what makes you think LilyPond prints the staccato dot outside the staff?

The output of my file that produces the image I had attached.

{ a' \staccato }   prints it between the lower staff lines

Now I see that if I take it out of the context

\relative a' { a4-. a-. a8( gis fis gis) }

also prints correctly.
Interesting. I'll have to investigate the "Henle" stylesheet. Something has to be in there that produces this misbehaviour.

Urs

(version 2.17.97)

Eluze