Re: survey on multiple development versions

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: survey on multiple development versions
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:50:54 -0800 (PST)

Mike Solomon wrote
> If lilypond.org were to propose multiple development versions (say 5
> instead of 1), each offering a different set of experimental features
> (including the canonical development version), and if lilypond.org offered
> information on which versions were in need of testing by what types of
> users, would you be interested in helping out by doing some typesetting
> with these alternative versions?

I would likely be willing to help test such alternative versions, should
that be the way things are organized.

I think that if we were talking about just one such alternative version (or
at most two?) instead of five, then this would be a lot simpler and more
feasible from a user's standpoint.  But maybe that would not be enough to
achieve what you're trying to accomplish.

-Paul