Re: adding engravers

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: adding engravers
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 17:54:32 +0100

Noeck <address@hidden> writes:

>>> \layout {
>>>   \consists Staff.Ambitus_engraver
>>> }
>>
>> That would only make any kind of sense if you could actually write
>> \consists Staff.Ambitus_engraver also in mid-music.
>
> What is the connection? I would not expect this just because the
> syntax to \override is similar.

Well, I don't expect analogous use of equivalent functionality in
several situations to sometimes work, and sometimes not, and to have
people remember which will be the case when.

I don't like exceptions.

> I know that your are reluctant towards such changes and mostly for
> good reasons. In this case the explanation didn't convince me fully so
> far.

Shrug.  The proposed syntax also does not work all that well with Scheme
engravers.

--
David Kastrup