Re: Steinberg's progress report on new notation software

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: Steinberg's progress report on new notation software
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 15:22:41 +0200

Am 08.08.2013 14:09, schrieb David Kastrup:
Well, if enough people only slightly overstep a line, it will disappear.
I think it would make sense to expand on most followup thoughts in our
own blog, once they can't be expected to be of much interest to Daniel.

While he will be able to answer competently about Sibelius, again this
is not what his blog is about.

So far, he has been polite in his reactions and I commend him for that.
But the question you should ask yourself is what chances you have to
make him interested or enjoyed in his reactions.  If you can't think of
anything, remember that this is basically his "home" on the web.
+1
I must admit, that I didn't read all he wrote about his projects. But what I saw, he is answering politely and competent. And he seems passionate in his work. So I hope my diffuse speech yesterday was not misunderstood! I think Daniel Spreadbury is passionate at work with his projects and what he is doing with his colleagues at steinberg might be a really good thing.
The only thing I don't like for now is the closed file format.
He wrote something about coexistance. That would be nice - and if lilypond would open his gates that it can also export musicXML files, it would be a step on lilyponds side.

Just another comment on a longrunningthread