Re: Steinberg's progress report on new notation software

From: Tim Reeves
Subject: Re: Steinberg's progress report on new notation software
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 11:42:01 -0700

> Message: 9
> Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 01:35:47 -0700 (PDT)
> From: SoundsFromSound <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: Steinberg's progress report on new notation software
>
> I'm surprised that no one else in those comments responded to any of the
> LilyPond mentions.
> As a former SCORE user, personally I can't possibly imagine /ever /going
> back now that I've tried LilyPond. There truly is just no comparison.
> Period.
> With LilyPond, you're only limited by your imagination.

That's funny. I always thought the one defining positive attribute of SCORE was that you *could do anything* imaginable (music notation-wise) with it. The drawback is that you *have to do everything* manually, one note at a time...requires a lot more thinking, deciding.
Whereas Lilypond has the best of both worlds - very good results automatically, plus all the flexibility to do crazy stuff.

Tim Reeves