Re: Advocating non-free softwares

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Advocating non-free softwares
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 01:21:18 +0100

> Hello all,
>
>> Those who don't care will not actively help Free Software including
>> LilyPond, so it is in LilyPond's best interest to make them care.  Which
>> is not necessarily the same as annoying them.  But it is also not the
>> same as hiding under a rock.
>
> I would agree with what Ryan is implying (or, at the very least, what
> I am inferring):
> This thread is well out from under the rock and past the line of
> annoyance for many of us.

Then it would seem that many of us have forgotten what brought LilyPond
to them in the first place.

Without the GNU project, there would be no LilyPond.  We would not have
a build platform, we would not have GUILE, we would not have the
enthusiasm of its founders.  Without Free Software, it is not even
conceivable how LilyPond could have been started.

--
David Kastrup