Re: Aleatoric / modern notation

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Aleatoric / modern notation
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 19:53:21 -0800 (PST)

David:

I see, thanks for clarifying that for me.  So, in your opinion, if I wanted
to use these aleatoric boxes on a few scores here and there, that would be
doable - though not ideal, it would /work/- correct? I wouldn't ever need
this type of notation on anything of a larger scale.

I ask because in future scores I'll have to do something similar to this and
want to make sure I don't corrupt my dear LilyPond install :)

Thanks,
Ben

David Nalesnik-2 wrote
> Hi Ben,
>
> On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 9:00 PM, SoundsFromSound
> <

> soundsfromsound@

> > wrote:
>> Hi David,
>>
>> I'm a little confused.  What problems was David talking about, I didn't
>> follow.  So we shouldn't use this boxed notation approach, or we should
>> but
>> with caveats?
>>

> As I understand it, the issue is that the file changes the internals,
> so there is a bleed-over between files processed together on the
> command line (as the example I just provided demonstrates).
>
> My take is that you could use it with caveats.   You could use it only
> when processing files singly, or in batches (but check if there is
> anything unexpected in output).
>
> -David

-----
composer | sound designer