Re: Aleatoric / modern notation

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Aleatoric / modern notation
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 19:25:08 -0800 (PST)

Jeff:

I actually just found myself having that same exact problem tonight as well.
My error says:

"Event class should be a list..."

...just the way you mention it for your score.  I'm not sure how to proceed,
but I just wanted to let you know that it's not just you.  And I too am not
very comfortable with Scheme.

I'm sure someone will help with this! :)

Ben

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the frameEngraver3.ly code from this aleatoric notation
thread going on Lilypond 2.16.0-1, and I get the following errors:

GNU LilyPond 2.16.0
Processing `frameEngraver.ly'
Parsing...
frameEngraver.ly:27:1: error: GUILE signaled an error for the expression
beginning here
#
 (define-event-class 'frame-event
Unbound variable: define-event-class
Interpreting music...
frameEngraver.ly:209:48: warning: Event class should be a list
  \once \override Frame #'right-extra-padding =
frameEngraver.ly:210:23: warning: Event class should be a list
  \frameStart dis'8[ e
                       f \frameEnd ges] s2
frameEngraver.ly:212:44: warning: Event class should be a list
  \once \override Frame #'extender-length =
...etc

-----
composer | sound designer