Re: Aleatoric / modern notation

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Aleatoric / modern notation
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 20:28:06 -0600

Hi Jeffrey,

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 12:42 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Jeffrey Trevino <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to get the frameEngraver3.ly code from this aleatoric
>> notation thread going on Lilypond 2.16.0-1, and I get the following
>> errors:
>>
>> GNU LilyPond 2.16.0
>> Processing `frameEngraver.ly'
>> Parsing...
>> frameEngraver.ly:27:1: error: GUILE signaled an error for the
>> expression beginning here
>> #
>> (define-event-class 'frame-event
>> Unbound variable: define-event-class
>
> The code contains
>
> %% based on regression test `scheme-text-spanner.ly'
> %% Thanks, Mike
>
> That regression test tampered with internals of LilyPond in a manner
> that broke session integrity (any changes propagated to further files
> processed on the command line).  It likely still does.  The internals
> changed in the mean time.
>
> It was probably a mistake to ever include this regtest.  It just gives
> people bad ideas.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

It is possible to get this working with 2.16 on up.  You just need to
rewrite a few things after the changes done to the regression test on
which the file is based.

I'm attaching a revision of the file which won't raise the errors you
saw, but it is not a solution to the problems that David Kastrup
mentions.

Best,
David N.