Re: how to signal and tweak page-long mostly empty snippets?

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: how to signal and tweak page-long mostly empty snippets?
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 16:33:12 -0400

On Wed, 2 May 2012 16:40:02 +0000 (UTC)
Klaus Föhl <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sometimes when browsing LSR snippets I come across full page snippets,
> consisting mainly of empty space. While I do understand that
> -sometimes- one may need a whole page to demonstrate a specific
> feature, most times it looks like an oversight.
>
> 1) What makes some snippets being short and some a full page?
> Reading through the source code of several snippets I did not (yet)
> discover a mechanism. Some missing -option when invoking lilypond?
>
> 2) Where to and how to signal such snippets? Reading in LSR the
> "Suggesting modifications or improvements to existing snippets"
> that route would only help if the cause were in the .ly source text.

There are two options when uploading the script to LSR - "standalone"
and "large".  You can see the settings if you find the snippet in the
snippet database (https://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/list.php?type=snippet) and
double-click on it.

For example, a snippet called "Using non-standard clef positions and
adding customized clef definitions" takes the whole page.  That snippet
has "standalone" set.  Likewise, "Expressive headword" is standalone.

I believe "large" is something else, but "standalone" is what you are
looking for.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin