Re: Tremolo + non-tremolo in same beamed group

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Tremolo + non-tremolo in same beamed group
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 20:04:26 +0000 (UTC)

James Harkins <jamshark70 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Bug or feature?
> [...]
> I'd expect the beam to be flat horizontal here.

I'd call it a design choice.  The tremolos need longer stems, and
then LilyPond weighs the relative importance of keeping the other
stems in the beam at normal length, versus making the beam parallel
to line between first and last note heads.

\relative c' {e8:32 e:32 e e a a e e a a e:32 e:32 }

> (I know I can tweak the beam, just think I shouldn't have to.)

There's lots of parameters controlling beam-setting in general;
maybe some adjustments would be an improvement overall.