Re: Note names in Midi Note Numbers?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Note names in Midi Note Numbers?
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 19:52:07 +0100

Tim Roberts <address@hidden> writes:

> Jonghyun Kim wrote:
>>
>> Write pitches in a new language! It's the answer that I wished.
>
> No, it's not.  What he showed you will take notes written in standard
> notation and print them out in another way.  There is no way to get
> LilyPond to READ that alternate notation.  The value "32" always refers
> to a duration -- a 32nd note.  It can never be made to refer to a
> pitch.  Never.

pitchlist = #(list->vector #{ \stringTuning
\relative c''''''' <
  g fis f e dis d cis c b ais a gis
  g fis f e dis d cis c b ais a gis
  g fis f e dis d cis c b ais a gis
  g fis f e dis d cis c b ais a gis
  g fis f e dis d cis c b ais a gis
  g fis f e dis d cis c b ais a gis
  g fis f e dis d cis c b ais a gis
  g fis f e dis d cis c b ais a gis
  g fis f e dis d cis c b ais a gis
  g fis f e dis d cis c b ais a gis
  g fis f e dis d cis c> #})

p=#(define-music-function (parser location n dur) (index? ly:duration?)
                          #{ $(vector-ref pitchlist n) $dur #})

\new Voice { \p 69 4. \p 64 16 \p 65 16 \p 80 2 }

--
David Kastrup