Re: Note names in Midi Note Numbers?

From: Tim Roberts
Subject: Re: Note names in Midi Note Numbers?
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 10:09:55 -0800

Jonghyun Kim wrote:

> Write pitches in a new language! It's the answer that I wished.

No, it's not.  What he showed you will take notes written in standard
notation and print them out in another way.  There is no way to get
LilyPond to READ that alternate notation.  The value "32" always refers
to a duration -- a 32nd note.  It can never be made to refer to a
pitch.  Never.

> I have a question: Can I do without ' and | procedure? It's not so
> beauty...

There is NO WAY AT ALL to do what you want in LilyPond.  NO WAY.  You do
not understand what you are doing.  Please take the time to learn about
what LilyPond does.  You are trying to use it for something it was not
designed to do.  Several people have tried patiently to explain this to
you and offer other alternatives, but are not listening.

--
Tim Roberts, address@hidden
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.