Re: Using lilipond for uncommon musical notation

From: Damian leGassick
Subject: Re: Using lilipond for uncommon musical notation
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 18:18:01 +0000

On 19 Dec 2011, at 18:11, Kieren MacMillan wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
>> I want to write something according to the following rules:
>>
>> * two staves (piano-style, bass and treble);
>> * no time signature;
>> * only successive very-large-arpeggios (~ 10 notes each)
>>   starting from left hand (bass staff) and ending at the right hand
>>   (treble staff); notes are eigth notes; all linked together accross
>>   both staves
>> * off course no rest should appear on one staff, while notes are played
>>   on the other staff;
>> * no bar lines;
>> * (probably, but I would like to try both) no bar line at end of lines
>>   (right of the page), maybe no bar line at the beginning of the lines
>>   (left of the page).
>
> Here's a start — hope it helps.
> Kieren.
> __________________________
>
> \version "2.15.21"
>
> \layout {
>  \context {
>    \Staff
>    \remove "Bar_engraver"
>    \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
>  }
> }
>
> pU = \change Staff = "upper"
> pL = \change Staff = "lower"
>
> musicRH = \relative c, {
>   \time 10/8
>   \repeat "unfold" 6 { \pL c8[ g' e' g b \pU d f a c a'] }
> }
>
> musicLH = \relative {
>  \clef bass
>  \repeat "unfold" 60 s8
> }
>
> \score {
>  \new PianoStaff <<
>    \new Staff = "upper" \new Voice \musicRH
>    \new Staff = "lower" \new Voice \musicLH
>>>
> }

almost the same as Keiran's

\version "2.15.21"
rhMusic = {
  s8*10 %you need spaces otherwise the staff isn't 'alive' and you can't
\change staff into it
}

lhMusic = \relative c, {
  \clef bass
  \stemDown
  \autoBeamOff
  c8[ f b d g c
  \change Staff=RH
  f b e a]
}

\score {
    \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff = "RH" {\rhMusic}
    \new Staff = "LH" {\lhMusic}

}

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \remove "Bar_engraver" %removes barlines
    \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
    }
  \context {
    \Score
    \remove "System_start_delimiter_engraver" %removes first barline

Damian