Re: High-level users?

From: Bernardo Barros
Subject: Re: High-level users?
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 10:13:57 -0700

2011/9/24 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>:
> For what it's worth, i really *really* think that LilyPond and
> MuseScore should be integrated.  LilyPond does better job than
> MuseScore when we compare default engraving, but GUI is invaluable in
> some areas, and some users won't even try to use a tool without GUI
> (and while we can pity them, it'd be better to do something about it).
> I have some thoughts on how this integration should look like - if
> there are people interested in integrating Lily and MuseScore, i can
> elaborate.

That sounds good for me too. I know there are other projects
(schikkers and denemo), but the thing is: MuseScore just got there
first, it already works and those 2 million downloads reflects that. I
know they use very different tools, MuseScore is coded in Qt/C++
(which is good because it is very fast and cross platform) but I guess
can be a problem for Lily devs to work in MuseScore and vice-versa.

It is so similar to Sibelius/Finale paradigm that it could convert
most of Sibelius/Finale users very rapidly just because of the
possibility of the integrated use LilyPond. Some of those MuseScore
users eventually would prefer to enter the music directly in LilyPond
format after a few months, others would choose to enter the notes with
the method they already learned from Sibelius and just polish it later
with LilyPond.