Re: simple editor for windows

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: simple editor for windows
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 17:45:37 +0100

2009/12/16 keith Luke <address@hidden>:
> I use plain old notepad in my Windows PC.  You can only save as text
> file.  Do a File/Save As and let Notepad default to Text Documents
> (*.txt) for the Save as option.  All you have to do is type in
> filename.ly and it will be saved as filename.ly.
> You won't have to rename the .txt to .ly.

Are you sure? Last time I looked at it, you must choose All types
(*.*), otherwise it will save as filename.ly.txt, but if you are
hidding known file type extensions, you'll see filename.ly only and
the shape of the icon will be a notepad document, not a LY document.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com