Re: simple editor for windows

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: simple editor for windows
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:14:29 +0100

2009/12/16 Stefan Thomas <address@hidden>:
> I'm searching for a simple text-editor for windows. It is for the computer
> in my music-school.
> It is an old machine and lilypondtool, because it requires java, doesn't
> work on it.

On my WinXP installation in a VM I use Notepad++, it's fast enough and
a good programming editor.
But AFAIK there's no syntax highlighting setup for LilyPond yet.
(Here's an old one:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-12/msg00491.html)

I guess your Notepad problem is due to Unix line endings. AFAIK
Notepad still can't cope with UTF-8 (and you'll need that encoding for
umlauts etc.)

(I write my LilyPond files in Smultron on OSX.)

Greetlings, Hraban