Re: Lyrics and repeats

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Lyrics and repeats
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:14:23 +0100

Kris Van Bruwaene <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm transcribing Six old Dutch Songs for choir and reed organ (harmonium), one
> of which has a repeat section with different lyrics and alternative endings
> (using LP 2.12.1 on Ubuntu 9.04.). For the voltas (1 measure ending) I used
> the
> procedure outlined on page 99 of the current notation reference (for LP
> 2.12.2),
> with a \partial 4*3 in the first \alternative. However an erroneous bar
> appears
> after the first beat of the second volta, as if it were a continuation of
> volta
> 1. Other problems with it that I can't solve:
> - how to get the (final) lyrics repeated there?
> - how to get the slurs extended into it?

In a file of mine I have

    \alternative { { <c f>1~\> | <c f>4\! r a4.-\tweak #'to-barline  ##t
    ( b8) | }

Note that you have to apply the tweak right before _starting_ the slur
that is going to _end_ in the barline.

I think that repeat alternatives are doing far too little context
matching work currently.  Most should really be automatic.

--
David Kastrup