Lyrics and repeats

From: Kris Van Bruwaene
Subject: Lyrics and repeats
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:54:41 +0000 (UTC)

I'm transcribing Six old Dutch Songs for choir and reed organ (harmonium), one
of which has a repeat section with different lyrics and alternative endings
(using LP 2.12.1 on Ubuntu 9.04.). For the voltas (1 measure ending) I used the
procedure outlined on page 99 of the current notation reference (for LP 2.12.2),
with a \partial 4*3 in the first \alternative. However an erroneous bar appears
after the first beat of the second volta, as if it were a continuation of volta
1. Other problems with it that I can't solve:
- how to get the (final) lyrics repeated there?
- how to get the slurs extended into it?
- how to delete it from the midi output (or get the repeat working in midi)?
and how to print the piece of text that is identical in both repeats only once.
The Lilypond notation reference has a very brief section on page 190, titled
"Lyrics and repeats: TBC". :-( The troubled piece is on
http://icking-music-archive.org/ByComposer/Duyse.php (nr. 3, "Het was er te
nacht").

One more strange thing: in the first section a single syllable is placed under
beamed notes, without the need for a slur. In the repeated section however, I
have to put slurs over the beamed notes to get the lyrics placed correctly. What
could be the cause?

Thanks

Kris