Re: Newby question about stem directions

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Newby question about stem directions
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 15:25:57 -0400

Hi Tim,

Why do you need two voices just to align lyrics to a dotted slur?
If you post your current workaround, I'm sure someone on the list will be
able to show you how to do it with only one voice.

I used the snippet at http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=308 for
exactly the use mentioned in that snippet. It did seem a bit arcane
(but produced better looking output than shown at that link).

That snippet should *definitely* be updated... =\ [VALENTIN: can you do this?]
I've attached a better (IMO) way of doing the same thing.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.
____________________

\version "2.12.2"

theNotes = \relative {
  \slurDashed c8 e d( f) e g f a
}

theLyricsI = \lyricmode {
  \set ignoreMelismata = ##t One two three four five six seven eight
}
theLyricsII = \lyricmode {
  One two Whee! __ that’s a dashed slur!
}

\score
{
  <<
    \new Voice = "melody" \theNotes
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "melody" \theLyricsI
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "melody" \theLyricsII