RE: Sibelius conversion - sib2ly

From: Eduardo Vieira da Silva
Subject: RE: Sibelius conversion - sib2ly
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 12:53:53 -0600

> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: Sibelius conversion - sib2ly
> From: address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 18:47:15 +0100
>
> Johan Vromans <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Either approach (plugin and Rosegarden) requires quite some manual
> > editing.
>
> I tried it on a project I was just about to start with. It turns out
> that (for this project at least) it was way much easier to manually
> add the ties and slurs, than to fix the Rosegarden \tenuto's.
>
> > So thanks a lot!
>
> Bis.
>
> -- Johan

Hi, sorry for quoting this message, but I thought the MusicXML is still the best way to go -- Not that I want to discourage any new projects.
I really like the results from PDFtoMusic, made by Myriad Software. I have tried using pdf prints generated from Finale and Sibelius and the results are just great. It's awesome to see how much better musicxml2ly is by now.

Communicate, update and plan on Windows Live Messenger. Get started today.