Re: Point and click: HELP ME PLEASE...

From: Mark Knoop
Subject: Re: Point and click: HELP ME PLEASE...
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:40:47 +0100

Marco wrote:
> I use Lilypond to write music. The manual says that there exist a funcion
> called point and click that allows clicking on the .pdf file to find the
> line in the .ly file.
> It is not clear how to set the parameters. I use:
> emacs as editor,
> evince as pdf viewer,
> xdvi as dvi viewer,
> but even I looked for solution I have never succeeded.
> Please help me (I'm a beginner of both Lilypond and Linux),
> Marco.

Evince ignores the embedded textedit:// urls by default, but you can
tell it via gconf to pass them to whatever you like.

Apply the attached gconf schema file with:

gconftool-2 --install-schema-file=textedit.schemas

And save the attached script in ~/bin/ (don't forget to make it
executable. I use gvim as my editor, so you'll have to make some changes
to use it with emacs. It should be fairly self-explanatory - let me know
if you need any help. Emacs users might have some tips too...

If you uncomment the lines with 'logfile', the script will record your
clicks to a log - useful for debugging.

Cheers,

Mark

--
Mark Knoop
<gconfschemafile>
    <schemalist>
      <schema>
        <key>/schemas/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/textedit/command</key>
        <applyto>/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/textedit/command</applyto>
        <type>string</type>
        <default>~/bin/textedit_url.sh %s</default>
        <locale name="C">
          <short>The handler for textedit urls</short>
          <long>The command used to handle textedit URLs, if enabled.</long>
        </locale>
      </schema>
      <schema>
        <key>/schemas/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/textedit/enabled</key>
        <applyto>/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/textedit/enabled</applyto>
        <type>bool</type>
        <default>true</default>
        <locale name="C">
          <short>Whether the specified command should handle textedit
URLs</short>
          <long>True if the command specified in the "command" key should
handle textedit URLs.</long>
        </locale>
      </schema>
  </schemalist>