Re: Fonts in SVG output

From: Krokyn
Subject: Re: Fonts in SVG output
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 17:40:14 -0700 (PDT)

Make sure the fonts you have in ~/.fonts are exactly the same
> employed by the lilypond version you are using to the generate
> the svg file.
>
> I've had the same problem before and I've found that the fonts
> vary quite often from one version to the next (at least in the
> development brach). I replace the fonts each time I upgrade the
> lilypond version and then I recreate the svg file again. This
> works for me (except the aybabtu font).
>
> For the time signature and bar numbers, lilypond seems to
> insist in using the feta font when it renders the svg file,
> but (I guess) it should use Emmentaler. Because the feta
> font doesn't exist for Inkscape, it uses the default font.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Vincent

Hi Vincent,

It is little difficult for me. I have in directory ~/.fonts no fonts. There
is only any file named fonts.dir.
Is it necessary copy fonts into this directory from other one? Will Inscape
prefer fonts from this directory?

Sorry I am beginner in Linux. I'd like to combine lilypond score with draws
of notes about interpretation in different takes (like music director) and
Inscape is by my opinion the best way. Now, i make it in OpenOffice with
beautiful lilypond macro. But I'd like prefer to use vector graphic, not
png.
http://krokyn.wz.cz/CuttingEdit.png
(the example: score is made with lilypond macro, the textes and lines in
OpenOffice - I know it is not nice now but the goal will be face of the
lines and numbers the same like with the pencil by hand)
I need it so for education.

Thanks,

K.