Re: Fonts in SVG output

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: Re: Fonts in SVG output
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 07:37:25 -0400

John Mandereau wrote:

Currently, it's not a good idea to include SVG files generated by
LilyPond in web pages on the Internet, because you have to make sure OTF
fonts -- from the LilyPond version used to generate the SVG -- are
installed on the (e.g. in ~/.fonts).  SVG files generated by LilyPond
are rather to be processed on a server or a machine building a web site,
where SVGs are cnoverted to PNGs -- that's what we do on lilypond.org
for language-dependent pictures, see
http://lilypond.org/web/switch/howto for example.

I use Inkscape's "convert text to paths" feature to ensure that the end-user need not have the LilyPond fonts installed. (That will work like I think it does, right?)

Benjamin D. Esham
address@hidden  |  AIM: bdesham128  |  Jabber: same as e-mail