Re: Non-unicode (UCS8 slavonic) fonts

From: Germain G. Ivanoff-Trinadtzaty
Subject: Re: Non-unicode (UCS8 slavonic) fonts
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 20:11:23 +0200

Добрый день, брате !
Спаси Господи !

. your compiled file "lit_jedin_stroch.pdf" doesn't use slavonic characters, but regular russian ones.
. so I downloaded the source code. I couldn't find your "layout.ly", so I compiled it after adding a simple \layout {}. I see slavonic characters.

Yet, the font collections from irmologion.ru are NOT unicode compliant, but justly encoded in UCS. I understand that if one wants to use non-unicode font, he should not use #(define fonts (make-pango-font-tree ...

Germain G.I.T.