Non-unicode (UCS8 slavonic) fonts

From: Germain G. Ivanoff-Trinadtzaty
Subject: Non-unicode (UCS8 slavonic) fonts
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 18:40:52 +0200

Hello all you Lilypond users,

o Is it possible to engrave (vocal) music with NON-UNICODE fonts for lyrics ? I try to engrave russian orthodox church music with the help of Lilypond. Most of my fonts are either non unicode, either not correctly handled by Lilypond. For example :
- UCS8 Irmologion font collection : special encoding for slavonic texts
- Elizabeth Old Russian : special encoding for old russian characters, and accent

o I have a problem when using fonts Cambria, Candara, Consolas, Constantia, and even Minion Pro. These unicode fonts include old russian characters, and accent (U+0301 or U+0341) But they are not handled the same way by Lilypond (or Pango ?) If any of you experimented such troubles with accented cyrillic texts, please mail me.

Thanks,
Germain G.I.T.

(Lilypond v2.11.22 on MS Windows XP)