Re: Difference in in output between LP and lilypond-book

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Difference in in output between LP and lilypond-book
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:23:54 -0500

On Saturday 12 February 2005 07:24 pm, Graham Percival wrote:
> On 12-Feb-05, at 3:24 PM, eva & Morten Borchorst wrote:
> > Graham Percival wrote:
> >>
> >> There's some problem with your installation of lilypond and its
> >> fonts.  You didn't
> >> mention what operating system you're running.
> >
> > I'm running debian Sarge with LP in the Pedro Kröger version. Also
> > have the 2.4 installed, but my files are for 2.2, and I would like
> > to have them working first.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand.  What version of lilypond do you have
> currently
> installed?  (what does "lilypond --version" give you, and what does
> "dpkg -l lilypond*" give you?)
>
>  From what I understand of the debian packages, you shouldn't be able
> to have lily 2.4 and lily 2.2 installed at the same time.

That's what Pedro Kroger's 'lilypond-snapshot' does.  Both lilypond
(2.2.6) and lilypond-snapshot (2.4.2) work fine on my debian/testing
machine, but unfortunately there is a font problem with
lilypond-snapshot-book 2.4.2.  The alternative links are present, but
lilypond-snapshot-book 2.4.2 finds some of the wrong fonts, and is not
functional.  I reported it, and I'm just waiting for something to
happen.  daveA

--
The only technical exercises for guitar which are worthy of the
instrument consist in "Dynamic Guitar Technique".  I promise miracles.