Re: Difference in in output between LP and lilypond-book

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Difference in in output between LP and lilypond-book
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:25:52 -0800

On 12-Feb-05, at 4:39 PM, eva & Morten Borchorst wrote:

Graham Percival wrote:
Sorry, I don't understand. What version of lilypond do you have currently
installed?  (what does "lilypond --version" give you, and what does
"dpkg -l lilypond*" give you?)
It says lilypond 2.2.6-2.1

dpkg -l lilypond-snapshot (which is the name Pedro gives the 2.4 series) says:
lilypond-snapshot       2.4.2-1

Ah, I see. And this is a deliberate decision of his... well, I don't really know how lilypond packages are configured or installed, but I still suspect that
this problem arises from installing them both at once.

 From what I understand of the debian packages, you shouldn't be able
to have lily 2.4 and lily 2.2 installed at the same time. If you do, try uninstalling both of them and then installing one of them. If you have both installed (without doing some fancier unix stuff), I'm not surprised that Lilypond gets
confused with font issues.

So? Did you try uninstalling them both, then reinstalling lily 2.2.6 ? I'd like
to know if it works when you do that.

- Graham