Re: Typeset, typEset, tyPeSet...panT,pant,*PANt*!

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Typeset, typEset, tyPeSet...panT,pant,*PANt*!
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:17:38 +0100

Another thing I encounter, when there's a tie note
going into triplets, then there's a warning
eg: a4 ~ \times 2/3 {a8 a a}
warning: unbound spanner `Beam'

is this normal too?

It may be normal in your version, at least, it has disappeared in
the latest development versions. Don't worry too much about warnings
from LilyPond.

One last enquiry for now, I guess \property Voice.tupletSpannerDuration =
#(ly:make-moment 1 4)
can help remove the tripplets signs in the scores.

No, it will tell LilyPond to print a triplet sign for every 3
eighth notes. This means that you can say
\times 2/3 {c d e f g a g a g f e d} instead of
\times 2/3 {c d e} \times 2/3 {f g a} ...

If you want to remove the bracket over the triplets,
say
\property Voice.TupletBracket \override #'bracket-visibility = ##f
if you want the '3' to vanish as well, do
\property Voice.TupletBracket \override #'number-visibility = ##f

Now, in scores, triples are usually shown when they
first occur, but if there's tons of trippets
repeating, sebsequent tripplets markings are remove.
How would I be able to archive that?

See above.

Thanks,
Joshua