Re: Typeset, typEset, tyPeSet...panT,pant,*PANt*!

From: donald_j_axel
Subject: Re: Typeset, typEset, tyPeSet...panT,pant,*PANt*!
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 00:44:00 +0100

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:23:39 +0000 (GMT)
"Joshua KoOoOoOOoo..." <address@hidden> wrote:

> Tell me if I'm stupid or what, but after getting use
No you are not.

> to the syntax, I still need about 2 hours just to
> enter a small little section of a instrument at a
> time. Anyone' thinks this slow?

That depends on what music and how much experience you
have got - of course.

>   ...                         Do you guess just type
> the notes in 1 by 1. Or would u convert from midi? or
> MusicXML? or u use emacs? with perphaps quick mode
> input?
>
> Next thing I like to know is beaming. take a example
> of
>  a8. a16 a8. a16
> Done Logically, lilypond beam first 2 notes together
> and the last 2 notes together.
>
> However in the publishing, and in terms of phrasing
> (the first note happens to be end of a phrase), first
> note and 2nd note are separted(no beam). then 3rd and
> 4th note beamed.
>
> After couple of trys, i manage to recreate that effect
> by this
>  a8. [] a16 a8. a16

Try

  a8. a16[ a8. a16]

and then please read the tutorial from the beginning to the end
even if you skip paragraphs which are not directly relevant to
your needs. And make some simple music at first, just as an
exercise, use a couple of hours on, say, a page of 16 or 32 bars
melody with extras, be it chords or text.

Then, when you want to do something more complicated find out
from mutopia.org which examples are closest to what you want.
There will be many pieces of music which may take a very long
time to enter if you have to make tweaks - and learn it at the
same time!

/Regards

(Added cc: to the list so others would know
that you have got some kind of answer.)

--
donald_j_axel(at)get2net.dk -- http://d-axel.dk/