Typeset, typEset, tyPeSet...panT,pant,*PANt*!

From: Joshua KoOoOoOOoo...
Subject: Typeset, typEset, tyPeSet...panT,pant,*PANt*!
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:23:39 +0000 (GMT)

Hi!

Sorry if I would be asking a few questions
wrongly(perphaps this question was covered somewhere
else), to a wrong group of people or in the wrong
place(wrong mailing list).

I got to start off by saying I fairly new and
inexperience in Lilypond or Linux. I use Lilypond
2.0.1 in Cygwin on Windows. I'm currently tring to
typeset some music for the mutopiaproject. Surely, you
might have guessed, I'm facing quite a few
diffcultities and progressing at a slow pace.

Tell me if I'm stupid or what, but after getting use
to the syntax, I still need about 2 hours just to
enter a small little section of a instrument at a
time. Anyone' thinks this slow? Do you guess just type
the notes in 1 by 1. Or would u convert from midi? or
MusicXML? or u use emacs? with perphaps quick mode
input?

Next thing I like to know is beaming. take a example
of
 a8. a16 a8. a16
Done Logically, lilypond beam first 2 notes together
and the last 2 notes together.

However in the publishing, and in terms of phrasing
(the first note happens to be end of a phrase), first
note and 2nd note are separted(no beam). then 3rd and
4th note beamed.

After couple of trys, i manage to recreate that effect
by this
 a8. [] a16 a8. a16
However this causes warnings to be shown
warning: Beam has less than two stems. Removing beam.:
warning: beam has less than two visible stems:

Is all this normal? or is there a better way I should
do?

Another thing I encounter, when there's a tie note
going into triplets, then there's a warning
eg: a4 ~ \times 2/3 {a8 a a}
warning: unbound spanner `Beam'

is this normal too?

One last enquiry for now,
I guess
 \property Voice.tupletSpannerDuration =
#(ly:make-moment 1 4)
can help remove the tripplets signs in the scores.

Now, in scores, triples are usually shown when they
first occur, but if there's tons of trippets
repeating, sebsequent tripplets markings are remove.
How would I be able to archive that?

Thanks,
Joshua