Re: Nested segno and volta repeats

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Nested segno and volta repeats
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 16:01:33 +0200

Le 29/05/2022 à 15:18, Dan Eble a écrit :
On May 29, 2022, at 03:56, Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:
Hi Dan,

Is there any way to get this repeat structure with the recent
repeat additions? This is from a question on the user list.

||:  A    :||     B    ||
          Fine      D.C. Al Fine

-> A A B A
How cruel it would have been not to support sonata form!

The solution uses the functions documented in the Notation Reference in section
"Other variation in repeated sections."

input/regression/volta-spec-volta-in-segno.ly shows how to code the variation,
but it leaves out \fine for simplicity.  You want something like this:

```
\version "2.23.10"

exposition = \fixed c' { s1^"A" }
development = \fixed c' { s1^"B" }

piece = \new Staff <<
   \repeat segno 2 {
     \volta 1 \repeat volta 2 \exposition
     \volta 2 { \unfolded \exposition \fine }
     \development
   }
\score { \piece }
\score { \unfoldRepeats \piece }
```

Well, I know about \unfolded … I took it as a last resort
for tricky cases, should I not have viewed it like that?
Ideally, you'd be able to avoid repetituous code without
needing variables (if there are 10 voices, you need
10 more variables and navigating in the file can become
harder).