Re: ancient convert rules

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: ancient convert rules
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 17:19:21 +0200

Hi Jonas,

Le 30/08/2020 à 15:38, Jonas Hahnfeld a écrit :
For https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6024, I've been
looking at python/convertrules.py and wonder if we really need all
ancient rules starting from version 0.1.9. Right now, a majority of
these won't even apply because Python 3 is much pickier about bad
escape codes in the regular expressions. Example:
     re.sub('\\musicalpitch', '\\pitch', s)
is wrong because \\ only escapes for the string and neither \m nor \p
are correct escapes in a regular expression. For this case, it's easy
to fix with raw strings and I think I was able to resolve most errors
so that all rules are able to run, but I've no way to guarantee that my
edits are correct.

Ah, we were doing overlapping work, thanks for letting us know! I'll let
you go ahead.