Re: ancient convert rules

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: ancient convert rules
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 15:32:15 +0100

On 30/08/2020 14:38, Jonas Hahnfeld wrote:
To make the story short: Can we maybe instead drop any rules older than
2.12.0? Its last minor release 2.12.3 is more than 10 years ago.

I don't know.

While it is more than 10 years ago, I seem to recall a lot of stuff on Mutopia where there are LP files to use are from much older than 2010.

I think at the very least we should perhaps 'flag' anything (either as a warning or as an error) for users that might have needed to convert something that we have removed because of backward compatibility if they tried to use such a convert-ly file. Rather than look like it has worked until they try to compile it with the later code and then get an error and open a bug report (if you see what I mean).

James