ancient convert rules

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: ancient convert rules
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 15:38:12 +0200

For https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues/6024, I've been
looking at python/convertrules.py and wonder if we really need all
ancient rules starting from version 0.1.9. Right now, a majority of
these won't even apply because Python 3 is much pickier about bad
escape codes in the regular expressions. Example:
    re.sub('\\musicalpitch', '\\pitch', s)
is wrong because \\ only escapes for the string and neither \m nor \p
are correct escapes in a regular expression. For this case, it's easy
to fix with raw strings and I think I was able to resolve most errors
so that all rules are able to run, but I've no way to guarantee that my
edits are correct.

To make the story short: Can we maybe instead drop any rules older than
2.12.0? Its last minor release 2.12.3 is more than 10 years ago.

Jonas